This piece is called "The backdoor to my heart" because I tried to imagine my life without leather and I could not. I didn’t know how best to describe how important leather is until I had reiki and then this phrase was used. It reminded me that my heart has many desires from all sides and leather is a part of my heart history. The back door is an entrance to the heartfelt like a way to acknowledge that this is home.
Artist: I’m Jaki Griot (she/they/yo) a Black queer sex & kink educator since 2007 from Baltimore MD.
• 100% combed ring-spun cotton
• Fabric weight: 4.5 oz/yd² (152.6 g/m²)
• 30 singles
• Regular fit
• Contrast color binding at neck and sleeves
• Double-needle stitched bottom hem
• Blank product sourced from Haiti or Honduras